Wednesday 19 November 2014

Moodboards for Characters and Visual Assets for Bible

I began bringing together several moodboards for characters, weapons and vehicles.
I looked at a range of  sources and I wanted to have characters that were inspired by animals and astronomy constellations as these are areas of personal interest. These sources helped fit in with the recurring themes of Order and chaos. Furthermore many characters and stories have been influences or based off material that predates them.



My plan was to design a team of five characters, similar  to the Three Musketeers. I also included my earliest memories of the five man band trope in the above moodboard such as the Power Rangers and Gundam Wing.


Mood board of four of the characters excluding the fifth one using star constellation as inspiration.


For the fifth character, I was wanting a strong minded female character who helps the team with maintenance and scientific elements.



The top half of the moodboard is for Violet de Hispagne and the bottom half is for her daughter Tiffany. I looked at female characters who were antagonists but I also considered those who were seen more as Anti-villains where they do bad things to achieve good things. In this case, I intended for Violet to be an unlikable character but we learn that she's actually planning of doing something that could redeem her. Violet's character was to be a strong female who has a quite stern but is a menace in combat and can be intimidating without speaking a word. That is why I considered Anakin Skywalker to be a source of inspiration.


My idea for the Empress was that she's an enigmatic figure who has been around since the dawn of time and has chosen to lead an empire and attempt to unite the world in her name. She shares high authority over her subjects and possess abilities in which no other can master such as the use of advanced telepathy and telekinesis. So for her enigmatic side, I wanted her to have her face covered at all times. To tie in with the theme of chaos, I chose to base her true form off mythological creatures whose body parts are based off different animals.One example of this a Manticore, Sphinx or chimera. However she'll wear  robe to show that she's a civilized superior figure. I looked at a Protoss character because I intended for this character to wear Armour once she's revealed her true form.

No comments:

Post a Comment