Sunday 19 April 2015

Anime Inspiration - Order and Chaos


At the beginning of my project, It was going to be a project that was inspired by one of my key interests, Japanese anime.he anti war message in anime is appropriate but can lead to being overused and can be hypocritical. For example in Pokemon: The First Movie(1998) they discussed how it was wrong to fight even though Pokemon was built around fighting.  I perceive this message to be similar to my project's recurring themes of order and chaos.
Transformers Prime (2011) did use this anti war message but they did not make it the main focus. The main character tried to use reason on occasion to avoid  conflict. Sadly these attempts failed but it showed that the character was prepared for a fight.
However this is not the focus of my project but I thought it would be appropriate to address this as it can relate to the themes of order and chaos.
For example, there is a character in my roster who tries to use passive ways to over come problems during peace time operations whereas there was another who believed that causing chaos to the other side would be the best way to promote order..
Here is an example of how I've considered the anti war message in my project.
Ursula Dimitri was one of the republic's finest soldiers on the battlefield. She hated the Empire because her father was killed in action and she joined the corp to put his soul to rest. However during a raid on imperial territory she accidentally fired upon civilian settlements and she witnessed the death of innocent people. As a result of this, of this act, she vowed to never let her anger get the best of her.





No comments:

Post a Comment