Sunday 12 April 2015

Mercenaries Concept Development:Issac

Isaac's role in the team is the heavy character who wields strong weapon and has strong armour. I took some inspiration from Taurus the bull constellation. He is from the Central Alliance and I wanted to him to have characteristics connected to nature and a bovine.


Issac Character Inspiration

Early Sketches for Isaac's Armoured Suit

Flipped final line art for Isaac's suit


Isaac Colour Variations


Isaac's Final Colour Scheme

I used warm earth-like colours to suggest Isaac's friendly and approachable personality but also to emphasis strength. Brown also connects well with order as it encourages orderliness and organisation.


Jumpsuit Design for Isaac

Here is an image of Isaac with his Armour on. I followed the same approach with connecting his suit pattern to his constellation.





Line Art of Body Suit for Isaac



Isaac's weapon design process


I originally based Isaac off a Native American culture so I took some inspiration for the native america tomahawk.


Weapon Line Artwork

Weapon Sketches

I also made some changes to the weapon design because the weapon I was trying to design looked too similar to the protagonist's axe. I changed it from an axe to a mace. It would be understandable for a hammer to be associated with the theme of order.

Final Mace Design Line work

Final Colours


Even when the character is not wielding the weapon, It is still linked to him and his faction through the use of colour

To achieve the coloured line work, I managed to do this by starting with the base colouring and then I lowered the opacity of the line artwork layer.


No comments:

Post a Comment