Sunday 12 April 2015

Mercenaries Concept Development: Zaff

Zaff's is the mercenary who uses mind over matter and can use telekinesis. I looked at examples of characters which portrays this ability such as Jack from Mass Effect 2 (2009). I also looked at characters  who wear light armoured suits but I also looked at strong, tough characters. The character Zaff has a power suit that also houses  an A.I ( Artificial Intelligence) who helped raise him when his parents were absent.The A.I has a large knowledge on combat skills and it helped teach Zaff about many things.



Zaff Influences Moodboard











Zaff Silhouettes




Zaff Character Drawing Development Sketches

Getting the character's posture was a major challenge for me because  posture is one of the areas I need to improve on. Zaff was meant to be a character who can use telekinesis so for this I wanted to illustrate that fact. I accomplished this by using photo reference of myself making the hand gestures.

Final Character Line Artwork


Colour Iterations

Final Colour Scheme

I wanted Zaff to share the colour blue to show that he is connected with the Central Alliance and to show that he is also connect with mystery and the unexplained. I also used green to suggest reliability and self reliance. It also shows where his loyalty's lie since green connects with the idea of a balance and order. The use of gold connects with Zaff's wisdom of telekinetic abilities.

The loin cloth shall be removed because it has little to no use in this design.






No comments:

Post a Comment