Sunday 12 April 2015

December to January 2015 - Silhouette Development and Additional notes

I produced a series of silhouettes for my characters using Alchemy and Photoshop.

Early silhouettes using PS


Final Silhouette Layout

I chose to present the silhouettes in a similar layout of this artist on Deviantart because not only does it look professional but it also shows off the silhouettes clearly.The use of the rectangle helps guide the eye across the collection of silhouettes.
http://micgrol.deviantart.com/art/The-Ladies-of-Macbeth-Thumbnails-276150181

One note for the two factions is that the uniform designs are similar as this was to show that they both inhabit the same world.

However there may be the case for me to reduce the number of characters for each faction. The list of character silhouette iterations that you see above are for the characters that belong to the Empire and Republic. The names are still needing changed but these will do for now.

Optional names that I had in mind were the Cyran Domion and the Tundran Republic.

For the characters who wore power suits, I did a separate silhouette sheet.


Chosen concepts



I chose number 8 for Cassandra's power suit because I was looking for a suit silhouette that looked over powered and had strong armour compared to John's suit. Another thing I wanted for these suits was to be unisex so that they do not give the impression that a woman pilot's it similar to the idea with Samus from Metroid.

14/1/15



The final silhouettes highlighted by the red circles.





No comments:

Post a Comment